Equilibrium Nutrition’s Omega-3 Support Liquid is one of the best examples of a Functional Medicine nutritional supplement.
There is a clear difference between the purity, technology, and delivery of Equilibrium Nutrition’s Omega-3 Support Liquid versus the competition and one you may find at your local health food store or on Amazon.
Below, we outline the level of detail that goes into making the best quality and cleanest omega-3 fish oil in the world today!
Do You Suffer From
- Cardiovascular issues
- Blood sugar issues
- Inflammatory conditions
- High blood pressure
- Poor skin health
- Joint or muscle pain
- Weak immunity
- Poor vision
Omega-3 Support Benefits
- Supports Cardiovascular Health
- Support Blood Sugar Metabolism
- Supports Cognitive Function and Development
- Supports Healthy Skin, Joints and Connective Tissues
- Increases Visual and Ocular Health
- Helps Maintain a Healthy Inflammatory Response
- Strengthen Immune Function
Omega-3 Support Liquid is a molecularly distilled, high concentration fish oil sourced from the cold, fresh waters off the Chilean coast. These waters provide the cleanest, most sustainable source of fish in the world.
Omega-3 Support Liquid includes 1.3 g of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and 850 mg of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) per serving as natural triglycerides, the preferred form. The bioidentical, triglyceride form found in Omega-3 Support Liquid allows for enhanced absorption and better assimilation in the body.
The Omega-3 Support Liquid formulation is a convenient method of achieving optimal omega-3 levels in the body. The natural mango-flavored liquid is the ideal alternative to encapsulated fish oil supplements.
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential cornerstones of human nutrition. They are deemed “essential” because we need them for proper health, but cannot produce them on our own.
We must consume these fats through diet or supplementation. Omega-3 fatty acids are required for a number of body functions, from proper blood flow to brain development. These long-chain fatty acids are integral components of tissues and organ systems throughout the body, including the heart, skin, joints, eyes and immune system.
In nature, omega-3 fatty acids occur as alpha linolenic acid (ALA), found mostly in plants, and as long-chain EPA and DHA, which primarily originate from cold-water fish. The body is able to slowly convert the shorter chain ALA to the more active long-chain, EPA and DHA.
However, many people lack the enzymes delta-5 and delta-6 desaturase necessary to make the conversion, making a higher dietary intake of EPA and DHA necessary. In addition, major changes in modern diet over the last century have led to a decrease in the general consumption of omega-3 fatty acids.
Since omega-3 fatty acids are known to benefit cardiovascular health, support healthy brain function and cognition, and maintain a healthy inflammatory response, achieving the proper balance of omega-3s has become an important health strategy that requires supplementation for most people.1
The American Heart Association recommends that those concerned about blood lipids take up to 4 g of omega-3 fatty acids per day.2
Functional Medicine Targeted Ingredients
Fish Oil Delivery – Triglycerides vs. Ethyl Esters†
While the amount of EPA and DHA provided in a fish oil product is important for efficacy, the type of fish oil delivered is another significant factor in defining fish oil effectiveness.
The human body is accustomed to digesting and absorbing EPA and DHA in the natural triglyceride form. Even though natural triglyceride-based fish oils are the preferred form for superior fish oil absorption, the vast majority of fish oil products available on the market are in the semi-natural ethyl ester form.
While ethyl esters allow for higher concentrations of EPA and DHA, their unusual structure is resistant to the digestive enzymes (lipases) that enable fat breakdown. In a study comparing EPA and DHA digestion in both forms, five common digestive lipase enzymes were shown to more readily digest fish oil in the natural triglyceride as compared to the ethyl ester substrate.3
A recent study, conducted by fish oil research pioneer Dr. Jorn Dyerberg, demonstrated that omega-3s in the triglyceride form are more efficiently digested and therefore 70% more absorbable than omega-3s in the ethyl ester form.4
An accumulating body of research shows that the typical modern diet does not provide a sufficient amount of omega-3s for optimal health. Additionally, insufficient conversion of ALA to the active EPA and DHA may reduce the amount available for use in organs and tissues.
Symptoms of omega-3 deficiency are common and often overlooked. These may include dry, itchy or flaky skin, poor sleep quality, poor circulation, eye discomfort, and mood imbalance.5
Cardiovascular and Blood Sugar Health†
Omega-3 fatty acids have long been known to benefit cardiovascular health. The well-known GISSI-Prevezione trial found that just 1 g a day of omega-3 fatty acids had a significant impact on cardiovascular health after three to four months of consumption.6
EPA and DHA have been shown to modulate levels of fat in the blood,7 and a meta-analysis of 31 placebo-controlled trials found that for each gram of omega3s consumed, there was improved support for healthy blood pressure levels.8
Population studies have also reported that EPA and DHA support better blood sugar balance in populations consuming large amounts of the n-3 long-chain PUFAs.9
Additional Benefits of Omega 3 Fatty Acids†
In addition to their well-known cardiovascular benefits, omega-3 fatty acids play a central role in brain development, mood enhancement, improved cognition, joint comfort and visual acuity.
A double-blind study, which randomly assigned participants with low mood to either placebo, 1 g/day or 2 g/day of EPA, found significant improvement with both doses of EPA compared to placebo in balancing mood.10
Increased Mental Focus† In a recent British study, omega-3 blood levels were shown to be directly related to improved measures of cognition, performance and behavior among healthy children with below-average reading ability.11
A dose of 1,200 mg per day of omega-3 essential fatty acids were found to improve back and joint discomfort among 125 people, with 88% choosing to continue supplementation after the study’s end.12 Fish oil has also been shown to improve tender joints and morning stiffness after three months of consumption.
A study evaluating the long-term effects of EPA and DHA on visual development in 136 school-age Inuit children exposed to high levels of n-3 PUFAs during gestation, found beneficial effects of DHA intake on visual acuity.13 Eating oily fish at least once per week compared with less than once per week was also found to enhance visual clarity and reduce commonly occurring visual deterioration in adults.14
Just like our Equilibrium Nutrition Omega-3 Support capsules, we offer you not only the cleanest Omega-3 supplement on the market, but also the highest potency one. This means you need to take less capsules or liquid, but get even more of the benefits!
1 teaspoon (5mL) per day or as recommended by your health care professional.
Does Not Contain
Wheat, gluten, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, artificial colors, sweeteners or preservatives.
If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your physician before taking this product.
Scientific Research & References
1. Connor WE. Importance of n-3 fatty acids in health and disease. Am J Clin Nutr. 2000 Jan;71(1 Suppl):171S-5S.
2. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/GettingHealthy/ NutritionCenter/HealthyDietGoals/Fish-and-Omega-3- Fatty-Acids_UCM_303248_Article.jsp
3. Yang LY, Kuksis A, Myher JJ. Lipolysis of menhaden oil triacylglycerols and the corresponding fatty acid alkyl esters by pancreatic lipase in vitro: a reexamination. J Lipid Res. 1990 Jan;31(1):137-47.
4. Dyerberg J, Madsen P, Møller JM, Aardestrup I, Schmidt EB. Bioavailability of marine n-3 fatty acid formulations. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2010 Sep;83(3):137-41.)
5. http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/ omega3-fatty-acids 6. Dietary supplementation with n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E after myocardial infarction: results of the GISSI-Prevenzione trial. Gruppo Italiano per lo Studio della Sopravvivenza nell’Infarto miocardico. [No authors listed]
7. Roche HM, Gibney MJ. Effect of long-chain n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids on fasting and postprandial triacylglycerol metabolism. Am J Clin Nutr. 2000 Jan;71(1 Suppl):232S-7S.
8. Morris MC, Sacks F, Rosner B. Does fish oil lower blood pressure? A meta-analysis of controlled trials. Circulation. 1993 Aug;88(2):523-33.
9. Nettleton JA, Katz R. n-3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in type 2 diabetes: a review. J Am Diet Assoc. 2005 Mar;105(3):428-40. ScienceVoice Consulting, Denver, CO 80205, USA.
10. Frangou S, Lewis M, McCrone P. Efficacy of ethyleicosapentaenoic acid in bipolar depression: randomised double-blind placebo-controlled study. Br J Psychiatry. 2006 Jan;188:46-50.
11. Montgomery P, Burton JR, Sewell RP, Spreckelsen TF, Richardson AJ. Low Blood Long Chain Omega-3 Fatty Acids in UK Children Are Associated with Poor Cognitive Performance and Behavior: A Cross-Sectional Analysis from the DOLAB Study. PLoS One. 2013 Jun 24;8(6):e66697.
12. Maroon JC, Bost JW. Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) as an anti-inflammatory: an alternative to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for discogenic pain. Surg Neurol. 2006 Apr;65(4):326-31.
13. Jacques C, Levy E, Muckle G, Jacobson SW, Bastien C, Dewailly E, Ayotte P, Jacobson JL, Saint-Amour D.J. Long-term effects of prenatal omega-3 fatty acid intake on visual function in school-age children. Pediatr. 2011 Jan;158(1):83-90, 90.e1.
14. Augood C, Chakravarthy U, Young I, Vioque J, de Jong PT, Bentham G, Rahu M, Seland J, Soubrane G, Tomazzoli L, Topouzis F, Vingerling JR, Fletcher AE. Oily fish consumption, dietary docosahexaenoic acid and eicosapentaenoic acid intakes, and associations with neovascular age-related macular degeneration. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008 Aug;88(2):398-406.
PURE OMEGA LIQUID
Serving Size: 1 Teaspoon (5 mL)
Servings Per Container: 40
Amount Per Servings / % DV
Calories From Fat 40
Total Fat 4.5 g / 7%*
Saturated Fat 0.5 g / 2.5%*
Cholesterol 15 mg / 5%*
Purified Fish Oil 4.5 / †
(from sustainably sourced anchovy‚ sardine‚ mackerel)
Total Omega-3 Fatty Acids 2300 mg / †
EPA 1500 / *
DHA 500 / *
Other Omega- 3 Fatty Acids 300 mg / *
*Percent Daily Value (DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
†Daily value not established.
Other ingredients: natural lemon flavor with other natural flavors‚ mixed tocopherols (antioxidant)‚ green tea leaf.
Contains no sugar‚ salt‚ yeast‚ wheat‚ gluten‚ corn‚ soy‚ dairy products‚ artificial colors‚ flavors or preservatives or ingredients genetically modify organisms (GMOs).
Contains Anchovies‚ Sardine and mackerel.
Every product on this website was formulated with the mindset that my family and I would be using each nutritional supplement.
When you go into a product formulation knowing that your own family and children will use these products it ensures there will never be any compromise…
Plus, I want only the best for my online community and private practice clients. And, since people come to me for results after failing many times in the past, I have to know that every one of these products are truly the best of the best and will help people on their healing journey…
Functional Medicine Formulations
It’s important to understand that not all nutritional supplements are created equal.
For example, in a Functional Medicine practice only methylated or highly bio-available vitamins and minerals will be used in order to make it easy for the body to utilize.
Not only do these formula get better results, but they do not build up as toxins in the body or simply get excreted in the urine like most cheaper forms…
Zero Compromise Policy
I made a promise to myself when I first started formulating the Equilibrium Nutrition line that I would not compromise on quality…
Even if a product cost me a few more dollars, I would take any shortcuts in order to make a product for less.
This has enabled Equilibrium to set itself apart even in the Functional Medicine community as a leader in the best ingredients used.
Besides never compromising on using the highest quality ingredients available when formulating our nutritional supplements, I make sure that each batch is 3rd Party tested for contaminants like:
- Heavy metals
- Standard dosages
This then allows me to be confident when consuming these products myself and knowing that the dosages are what is stated on the bottle.
Again, this leads to better user results and happier customers and wellness clients!
Consistency & Freshness
Another way in which the Equilibrium Nutrition supplement line sets itself apart as the leader in the industry is by always producing fresh orders every couple of months.
Our products do not sit in warehouses for over a year…
Instead we maintain freshness with smaller continuous batch orders along with climate controlled fulfillment centers.
This guarantees purity, freshness, and taste.
This is a difference you can both see and taste with every bottle!
At Equilibrium Nutrition we strive to provide the fastest and most convenient shipping available!
United States Orders & Shipping
- $99 and over = Free Shipping
- Under $99 = $4.95 Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipping Rates are calculated on order totals after coupons/discounts and before taxes on qualifying items shipped
- Please allow 5 business days for processing and shipping - unless otherwise stated for specific products.
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico may take additional time to receive your shipment
- Coupon Codes or Deals of the Month may not be applied to previously placed orders
International Orders & Shipping
- We’re excited to now ship to the UK, Canada, and Australia
Exact shipping charges are determined at the time of checkout based on the number of items, item type, weight and volume of all the items in the cart. Equilibrium Nutrition works closely with its carriers to provide a competitive shipping experience for our customers.
- Import taxes and tariffs may also apply and would be paid separately based on your country. We cannot control those costs since they are imposed by International countries and we do not receive those payments.
My "Empty Bottle" 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Since I know you’re going to absolutely love and see & feel the difference by using the Equilibrium Nutrition supplement line I’ve formulated for my private practice, my family, and online community I'm happy to offer you my “Empty Bottle Guarantee!”
This means if you don’t see or feel the results you were looking for, or just don’t believe this was the absolute best product in its class that you’ve ever used, simply ship back the empty bottles, within 60 days of your purchase, for 100% of your product purchase price (not including S&H).
My team and I firmly believe in putting our clients and customers first, and we only want the best for you in your wellness, weight loss & anti-aging goals!