Our Candida & Bacterial Optimizer (CBO) Gut Protocol addresses yeast and bacterial overgrowth in three key ways over the course of 90-days, enabling you to balance the microbes living in your gut using a scientifically validated method for maximum effectiveness.
Not only has our CBO Gut Protocol been successfully used for years in Dr. Cabral’s private wellness practice, but many other practitioners from around the world have adopted this exact protocol for their patients and clients because of its effectiveness.
CBO GUT PROTOCOL BENEFITS
- Helps Reduce Bloating and Gas
- Improves Digestion & Absorption
- Promotes Regular Bowel Movements
- Increases Energy and Vitality
- Promotes Healthy Skin
- Supports a Positive Mood
There’s a reason why this has become a well-known saying — the integrity of your gut strongly affects your overall health since 80% of your immunity is located there. With so many of our bodily systems linked to gut health, it’s no wonder that your overall health can be impacted if your gut falls out of balance.
Inside your gut are more than 100 trillion microbes (mainly yeast & bacteria) that make up your microbiome. A variety of factors that build up over time including poor nutrition, environmental toxins and even mold exposure can allow certain types of bacteria or fungus to take over, throwing your microbiome out of balance. Unfortunately in today’s modern world, this is likely to occur more often than it should. (3,8,10)
One of the most common types of imbalances that Dr. Cabral sees in his private wellness practice is due to yeast and bacterial overgrowth. While some levels of yeast are normal, an overgrowth may lead to other issues such as increased intestinal permeability, which then triggers everything from food sensitivities to brain fog, mood disturbances, fatigue and more.
ADDRESS GUT ISSUES AT A ROOT CAUSE LEVEL
How we live, where we live, what we eat, and what we do affects our microbiome — it changes with everything from our environment to our mood. Many factors, including mold exposure, antibiotics, birth control, stress, or poor diet, can contribute to a microbial imbalance in the gut.
What’s more, gut imbalances can lead to an overactive immune system which can cause chronic inflammation in the body. Studies have shown that unwanted bacteria called endotoxins can sometimes leak through the gut lining (your intestines) and enter your bloodstream. Your immune system then recognizes these as foreign molecules and attacks them — resulting in chronic inflammation. This is why, until you rebalance your gut using a trusted protocol, it can be difficult to optimize your health and wellness. (2,4)
If you suffer from bloating, gas, acid reflux, irregular bowel movements, brain fog, poor mood, or low energy, you may have an imbalance of yeast and bacteria in your digestive tract. The good news is that it’s possible to correct this imbalance by targeting the root cause(s) of the issue.
Our comprehensive approach is part of a carefully formulated, 90-day protocol to naturally rebalance the gut and clear unwanted bacteria and yeast in order to restore optimal health in the body. The protocol for each month contains a 3 product system that works from gentlest to strongest to completely rebalance your gut health.
While unwanted bacteria is being removed from the body each month, good bacteria are also being introduced and replenished in the body. The 90-day timeline ensures this is done in a safe and effective manner for restored balance and ongoing success. We’ve found that a shorter protocol is not enough time to maximize long term balance.
Dr. Cabral himself rebalanced his body and health using this system, and he’s helped countless others do the same. That's why our exclusive CBO Gut Protocol is the most popular program in both Dr. Cabral’s private wellness practice and online!
THE RIGHT NUTRIENTS AT THE RIGHT TIME
Our CBO Gut Protocol has been carefully created to get to the root cause of your gut and digestive issues using a 3-step methodology:
Step 1: Biofilm Disruption
The microbes in our gut are encapsulated by a sticky layer of material called a biofilm. In order to address the balance of yeast and bacteria inside your gut, we must first disrupt and penetrate the biofilm in which they hide. This is often the missing step in most other gut healing protocols.
Step 2: Herbal Microbial Balance
Once we are able to penetrate the biofilm and get to the unwanted gut microbes, our herbal microbial balance formulas can go to work eliminating these microscopic pathogens.
Step 3: Replenish & Restore
Then after unwanted pathogens are removed, it’s now important to replenish the microbes in our gut with healthy microorganisms (normal gut flora and bacteria) to achieve balance and optimized wellness. Dr. Cabral was also one of the first practitioners to recognize that probiotics should not be used during the first month of a gut healing protocol, but instead Saccharomyces Boulardii should be added instead.
The three product combinations for each month have been specifically designed to sequentially rebalance your gut over the 12-week course of the CBO Gut protocol. There is truly nothing else like it in the world.
Level 1 Month 1
- (1) Bottle of S. Boulardii
- (1) Bottle of Microbial Balance
- (1) Bottle of BioFilm Disruptor
- (1) Dr. Cabral Sensitive Gut Guide (meal plan)
- (1) Dr. Cabral CBO Level 1 client instructions and protocol
Level 2 Month 2
- (1) Bottle of Dairy-Free L. Acidophilus
- (1) Bottle of Gut Bacterial Support
- (1) Bottle of FloraFilm
- (1) Dr. Cabral CBO Level 2 client instructions and protocol
Level 3 Month 3
- (1) Bottle of Clean Gut Probiotic
- (1) Bottle of Candida Complex
- (1) Bottle of Healthy Belly
- (1) Dr. Cabral CBO Level 3 client instructions and protocol
FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE KEY INGREDIENTS
We’ve combined ancient herbs and modern science to formulate our CBO Gut Protocol. These clinically studied ingredients include carefully curated probiotics, enzymes and herbs to rebalance the gut and resolve your gut-based issues. Here are just a few samples of what’s included in your CBO Gut Protocol.
Cellulase is an enzyme that helps to break down cellulose (a complex carbohydrate found in plants) so that it can be absorbed by the intestines. Humans don’t generate cellulase naturally so supplementation is required.
Cellulase has also been demonstrated to disrupt biofilms which is a necessary phase of our CBO Gut protocol. Biofilms are a community of microorganisms that attach to each other and to surfaces. They can be harmful because they can protect unwanted microbes from being removed. (9)
Supplementing with cellulase can help to break down biofilm in the gut in order to clear unwanted bacteria as well as to promote digestion and relieve unwanted side effects such as bloating, gas, indigestion and constipation or diarrhea.
OREGANO LEAF EXTRACT
Oregano leaf extract is a natural microbe-balancing agent. It penetrates into the digestive system and destroys microbes, such as bacteria and yeast. Oregano leaf extract has proven to be one of the strongest essential oils in balancing yeast (1).
Supplementing with this powerful herb can aid in the removal of unwanted bacteria and yeast to alleviate unpleasant side effects in the gut through restoring microbial balance.
Saccharomyces Boulardii (S. Boulardii) is a highly effective, stomach acid-resistant strain of yeast that has been shown to promote healthy microbial balance by competing against unfriendly bacteria and yeast in the gut. While most probiotics are bacteria, S. Boulardii has been found to be an effective probiotic with a wide range of benefits. (6,7)
Supplementation with S. Boulardii helps to restore healthy gastrointestinal flora, strengthen intestinal barrier function, and enhance immune function.
Lactobacillus acidophilus (L. acidophilus) is one of the most important bacterial species in the small intestine. It produces acids that inhibit the colonization of undesirable yeast and bacteria in the body as well as an enzyme called lactase which aids in the digestion of dairy. (5)
Supplementation with L. acidophilus can aid the body in the digestion and absorption of nutrients as well as stabilize bowel function by replenishing and restoring healthy gut bacteria.
BONUS EDUCATIONAL MATERIAL
In addition to these powerful CBO Gut Protocol supplements, you will also receive bonus materials for each month to support your plan and ensure maximum, and long-lasting results:
(1) Dr. Cabral Sensitive Gut Guide (Includes suggested food shopping list)
(2) Dr. Cabral CBO Gut Protocol Levels 1-3 client instructions and protocol
* All Items are shipped as one complete package to allow for zero interruption during your 90-day protocol.
* Although the CBO Protocol is quite in depth in terms of its formulation it is extremely easy to follow and use on a daily basis, which is why thousands of people around the world use it.
* We recommend using the Daily Nutritional Support (DNS) powder for a breakfast shake in combination with the CBO Gut Protocol, however it is not required. DNS Powder is not included.
* Finally, we recommend The CBO Finisher: Gut Rebuilding Protocol for 2-3 months following completion of the CBO Gut Protocol. Please note this protocol is purchased separately as well.
DOES NOT CONTAIN
Wheat, gluten, soy, animal or dairy products, artificial fillers or additives.
Consult your healthcare professional prior to using this product if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication(s) or have a medical condition.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
1. Basilico MZ, Basilico JC. Inhibitory effects of some spice essential oils on Aspergillus ochraceus NRRL 3174 growth and ochratoxin A production. Letters in Applied Microbiology. 1999;29(4):238-241. doi:10.1046/j.1365-2672.1999.00621.x.
2. Escobedo G, Lopez-Ortiz E, Torres-Castro I. Gut microbiota as a key player in triggering obesity, systemic inflammation and insulin resistance. Revista de investigacion clinica; organo del Hospital de Enfermedades de la Nutricion. 2014;66:450-459.
3. Hair M, Sharpe J. Fast Facts About The Human Microbiome. Fast Facts About The Human Microbiome. 2014.
4. Jialal I, Rajamani U. Endotoxemia of Metabolic Syndrome: A Pivotal Mediator of Meta-Inflammation. Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders. 2014;12(9):454-456. doi:10.1089/met.2014.1504.
5. Pakdaman MN, Udani JK, Molina JP, Shahani M. The effects of the DDS-1 strain of lactobacillus on symptomatic relief for lactose intolerance - a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover clinical trial. Nutrition Journal. 2015;15(1). doi:10.1186/s12937-016-0172-y.
6. Piche T, Rampal P. Review article: yeast as probiotics – Saccharomyces boulardii. Wiley Online Library. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1365-2036.2007.03442.x. Published July 19, 2007.
7. Probiotics: What You Need To Know. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/probiotics/introduction.htm. Published August 22, 2019.
8. Rowland I, Gibson G, Heinken A, et al. Gut microbiota functions: metabolism of nutrients and other food components. European Journal of Nutrition. 2017;57(1):1-24. doi:10.1007/s00394-017-1445-8.
9. Sartor B, Ellermann M. Intestinal bacterial biofilms modulate mucosal immune responses. Journal of Immunological Sciences. 2018;2(2):13-18. doi:10.29245/2578-3009/2018/2.1122.
10. Valdes AM, Walter J, Segal E, Spector TD. CCBYNC Open access Analysis Science and Politics of Nutrition Role of the gut microbiota in nutrition and health. BMJ. 2018;(361). doi: doi.org/10.1136/bmj.k2179.