Boosting our body’s immune system is often the best defense when it comes to protecting us from whatever the world throws our way.
Our exclusive Immunity Protocol is the exact go-to wellness strategy Dr. Cabral uses to enhance his own immunity, both seasonally or when traveling. This combination of vitamins provides the key nutrients required to protect and bolster our immune response to help keep us well and deter potential illness.
What’s Included in Each Immunity Protocol
(1) Alkalizing Vitamin C
Alkalizing Vitamin C is Dr. Cabral's personal go-to powder for high dosage use. Each scoop contains approximately 2.5g and easily mixes with water or your favorite beverage and comes in a refreshing lemon flavor that adults and kids alike will love.
Vitamin C's role in immune enhancement has been strongly evidenced in supplementation research to increase natural killer cell activity, lymphocyte proliferation and immune balance. (1) Vitamin C is also a potent antioxidant, acting to neutralize free radical damage to cells, including DNA, lipids and proteins. As a free radical neutralizing agent, Vitamin C readily donates electrons to unstable molecules and breaks the chain of free radical damage to cells and tissues.(2)
Vitamin C supplementation has been studied for more than six decades for its role in supporting the body during immune challenges. It has been shown to stimulate both the production (3, 4) and function (5, 6) of white blood cells, especially neutrophils, lymphocytes and phagocytes.
Equilibrium Nutrition chose this specific form of Zinc for its wide range of physiological functions, including the support of the body’s immunity defense system and tissue development and repair. What makes it balanced is its very unique formulation that includes co-factors such as copper, which allow zinc to be used for long-term use without depleting its antagonist (copper).
Zinc plays an important role in supporting the body’s defense system, promoting healthy neutrophil, natural killer cell, and T-lymphocyte function.* Vitamin C and B6 are powerful antioxidants and act as synergistic partners with zinc in this formulation in order to enhance its absorption into the body where it needs it the most.
By using a smaller micro dose of these two cofactors Equilibrium Nutrition's Zinc is able to improve the overall benefits of an already powerful mineral.
(1) Vitamin D Liquid
While there are many factors which cause people to be deficient in Vitamin D, there is one thing that is certain -- when the body is low in Vitamin D it immediately lowers the immune system and therefore our defenses against bacteria, viruses and other diseases.
Vitamin D plays a major role in our human genome (DNA) and is responsible for over 500 processes in the body, including assisting with the absorption of other vitamins and minerals. In addition to protecting you from bacterial and viral invaders, low Vitamin D could leave you susceptible to autoimmune disorders, fibromyalgia, diabetes, cancer and more.
Our high-potency, single drop formula has been proven to be the most efficient by enhancing absorption and utilization by the body.
Protocol Dosage Instructions
Alkalizing Vitamin C
- 1 scoop daily, added to water upon waking
- 4 drops under your tongue with a meal
Take the above 3 products daily during anytime you feel you need to boost immunity. Great to use seasonally or anytime you will be traveling.
For best results, Dr. Cabral recommends taking this in addition to the Daily Foundational Protocol, Level 2 which includes all the basic building blocks your body needs for optimal function year round.
1. Wintergerst ES, Maggini S, Hornig DH. Immune-enhancing role of vitamin C and zinc and effect on clinical conditions. Ann Nutr Metab. 2006;50(2):85-94. Epub 2005 Dec 21.
2. From: http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/vitamins/ vitaminC/. Accessed 1-28-14.
3. Prinz W, Bortz R, Bregin B, Hersch M. The effect of ascorbic acid supplementation on some parameters of the human immunological defence system. Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 1977;47(3):248-257.
4. Jariwalla RJ, Harakeh S. Antiviral and immunomodulatory activities of ascorbic acid. In: Harris JR (ed). Subcellular Biochemistry. Vol. 25. Ascorbic Acid: Biochemistry and Biomedical Cell Biology. New York: Plenum Press; 1996:215- 231.
5. Levy R, Shriker O, Porath A, Riesenberg K, Schlaeffer F. Vitamin C for the treatment of recurrent furunculosis in patients with imparied neutrophil functions. J Infect Dis. 1996;173(6):1502-1505.
6. Anderson R, Oosthuizen R, Maritz R, Theron A, Van Rensburg AJ. The effects of increasing weekly doses of ascorbate on certain cellular and humoral immune functions in normal volunteers. Am J Clin Nutr. 1980;33(1):71-76.
7. Bergsten P, Amitai G, Kehrl J, Dhariwal KR, Klein HG, Levine M. Millimolar concentrations of ascorbic acid in purified human mononuclear leukocytes. Depletion and reaccumulation. J Biol Chem. 1990;265(5):2584-2587.
8. Evans RM, Currie L, Campbell A. The distribution of ascorbic acid between various cellular components of blood, in normal individuals, and its relation to the plasma concentration. Br J Nutr. 1982;47(3):473-482.
9. Jariwalla RJ, Harakeh S. Mechanisms underlying the action of vitamin C in viral and immunodeficiency disease. In: Packer L, Fuchs J, eds. Vitamin C in Health and Disease. New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc.; 1997:309-322.