Equilibrium Nutrition’s Adrenal Soothe is our #1 go-to product in clinical practice for anyone with higher levels of stress – especially mental stress and anxiety.
Although it’s an excellent Functional Medicine product for anyone feeling the effects of stress, where Adrenal Soothe really shines is its ability to help you calm your mind and body when needed, but also give you the energy to get through your day evenly.
DO YOU SUFFER FROM
- High levels of stress
- Anxiety or low mood
- Feelings of overwhelm
- Racing mind or heart rate
- Trouble relaxing or calming down
ADRENAL SOOTHE BENEFITS
- Improves Stress Resilience
- Supports Healthy Energy Levels
- Helps Balance an Anxious Mind
- Strengthens the Body’s Stress Response
- Improves Mental and Physical Performance
- Supports Healthy Cortisol Levels
Stress is defined as any disturbance –extreme cold or heat, psychological stress, sleep deprivation, work overload, physical trauma, as well as toxic exposure- that can trigger the stress response.
The body’s stress response system is comprised of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis. Prolonged stress triggers the HPA axis and consists of three stages: alarm, resistance and exhaustion.
The initial, short-lived phase is the body’s normal fight-or-flight response to danger, characterized by elevated cortisol levels. The subsequent resistance phase allows the body to continue buffering extended stress exposure, long after the initial fight-or-flight response has dissipated.
Hormones released by the adrenals, such as cortisol and DHEA, help support the “resistance” reaction. Extended periods of stress not only burden the system, creating an imbalance in cortisol and DHEA production, but can result in mental and physical fatigue, nervous tension, irritability and poor memory- all of which are characteristic of stage 3.
Adrenal Soothe provides a unique blend of botanicals and nutrients that support the stress response, particularly promoting cortisol balance during the initial alarm phase.
FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE KEY INGREDIENTS
L-theanine is an amino acid found abundantly in green tea. L-theanine has been shown to quickly improve stress perception and resilience. The stress-buffering mechanisms of L-theanine have been connected to the ability of L-theanine to increase serotonin and dopamine production in the brain.1
L-theanine has also been shown to significantly increase alpha brain wave activity, which is critical for increasing attention and promoting a sense of relaxation.2
In a study using 16 healthy volunteers, electroencephalograph (EEG) readings of participants were recorded following the ingestion of 50 mg of L-theanine. The researchers found a significant increase in alpha brain wave activity versus placebo.2
L-theanine has also been shown to have a protective effect for nerve cells and reduces excitatory glutamate activity in the brain.3
Phosphatidylserine is a phospholipid that is found in high concentrations in the brain. In studies administering phosphatidylserine (50-800 mg) to subjects under stress (physical, emotional, mental, etc.), it has been found that phosphatidylserine reduces stress-induced excretion of cortisol.4-7
Administration of phosphatidylserine has also been studied in exercising subjects. It has been demonstrated that phosphatidylserine reduces the cortisol response to overtraining, resulting in a reduction in perceived muscle soreness and improvement in athletic performance.8-10
Ashwagandha Root Extract†
Ashwagandha’s strong adaptogenic properties provide several benefits for individuals that have compromised health due to extreme stress exposure.
Ashwagandha’s benefits include improving stress resilience, supporting immune response, regulating the sleep cycle, supporting healthy thyroid function and protecting against exhaustion of the nervous system.11
Ashwagandha has shown to be beneficial in supporting proper mood regulation and restoring a sense of calmness under stress.
Rhodiola rosea Root Extract†
Rhodiola rosea has been categorized as an adaptogenic botanical due to its ability to increase resistance to a variety of stressors.12
Rhodiola has been studied extensively and is widely used in Eastern Europe and Asia to help support the nervous system, mood regulation, mental clarity, work performance and the sleep cycle.12
Within the central nervous system, Rhodiola has demonstrated an ability to preserve levels of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine. In a randomized, double-blind, placebocontrolled study examining the effects of Rhodiola on fatigue and stress, 161 patients aged 19 to 21 years received Rhodiola twice daily resulting in a significant reduction in fatigue.13
An additional study using Rhodiola extract in students showed significant improvements in mental performance, greater mood stability, and improved sleep patterns.14
Eleuthero Root Extract†
Eleutherococcus senticosus has also been identified as a strong adaptogenic botanical and is widely used in China to improve general health, support memory and endurance.15
In addition to its ability to improve stress resilience and fight fatigue, Eleuthero has exhibited immune supporting effects.16 In a double-blind study, 45 healthy volunteers received Eleuthero or placebo for 30 days. A cognitive challenge test was given to assess stress response, along with heart rate. Unlike placebo, subjects receiving Eleuthero demonstrated a 40% reduction in heart rate in response to the stressor.17
Eleuthero has also been shown to improve performance in runners. In a study on performance athletes, Eleuthero extract (2 or 4 mL) given 30 minutes prior to a race significantly reduced race time (48.7 minutes) compared to the control group (52.6 minutes).18
Skullcap Root Extract†
Native to China and parts of Russia, skullcap root (Scutellaria baicalensis) has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for its immune supporting properties. S. baicalensis has flavanoids which provide numerous protective effects including antioxidant activity and protection against pathogens.19
Skullcap root has also been shown to balance inflammatory compounds and protect against free radicals that cause lipid oxidation.19
Adrenal Soothe is the only product specifically formulated by Equilibrium Nutrition to help improve your ability to deal with stress while balancing your energy levels throughout the day!
For higher levels of stress, Equilibrium Nutrition suggests taking 1 capsule with breakfast and lunch, and 2 capsules at dinner, or as recommended by your health care professional.
DOES NOT CONTAIN
Wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, animal or dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, artificial colors, artificial sweeteners or preservatives.
Do not consume this product if you are pregnant or nursing.
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH & REFERENCES
1. Yokogoshi H, Kobayashi M, Mochizuki M, Terashima T. Effect of theanine, r- glutamylethylamide, on brain monoamines and striatal dopamine release in conscious rats. Neurochem Res 1998; 23(5):667-73.
2. Nobre AC, Rao A, Owen GN. L-theanine, a natural constituent in tea, and its effect of mental state. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 2008; 17 Suppl 1:167-8.
3. Kimura K, Ozeki M, et al. L-Theanine reduces psychological and physiological stress responses. Biol Psychol 2007; 74(1):39-45.
4. Monteleone P, Maj M, et al. Blunting by chronic phosphatidylserine administration of the stress-induced activation of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis in healthy men. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 1992; 42(4):385-388.
5. Benton D, Donohoe RT, et al. The influence of phosphatidylserine supplementation on mood and heart rate when faced with an acute stressor. Nutr Neurosci 2001; 4(3):169-178.
6. Monteleone P, Beinat L, et al. Effects of phosphatidylserine on the neuroendocrine response to physical stress in humans. Neuroendocrinology 1990; 52(3):243-248.
7. Hellhammer, J Fries E, et al. Effects of soy lecithin phosphatidic acid and phosphatidylserine complex (PAS) on the endocrine and psychological responses to mental stress. Stress 2004; 7(2):119-126.
8. Kingsley M. Effects of phosphatidylserine supplementation on exercising humans. Sports Med 2006; 36(8):657-669.
9. Kingsley M, Miller M, et al. Effects of phosphatidylserine on exercise capacity during cycling in active males. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2006; 38(1):64-71.
10. Jager R, Purpura M, Kingsley M. Phospholipids and sports performance. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 2007; 4:5.
11. Mishra LC, Singh BB, Dagenais S. Scientific basis for the therapeutic use of Withania somnifera (ashwagandha): a review. Altern Med Rev 2000; 5(4):334-346.
12. Rhodiola rosea. Altern Med Review 2002;7 (5):421-423.
13. Shevtsov VA, Zholus BI, et al. A randomized trial of two different doses of a SHR-5 Rhodiola rosea extract versus placebo and control of capacity for mental work. Phytomedicine 2003; 10(2-3):95-105.
14. Spasov AA, Wikman GK, Mandrikov, et al. A double blind, placebo controlled pilot study of the stimulating and adaptogenic effect of Rhodiola rosea SHR-5 extract on the fatigue of students caused by stress during an examination period with a repeated low-dose regimen. Phytomedicine 2000;7:85-89.
15. American Botanical Council. American Botanical Council. Eleuthero root. http://www.herbalgram.org. 2002.
16. Eleutherococcus senticosus. Altern Med Review 2006;(11):2.
17. Facchinetti F, Neri I, Tarabusi M. Eleutherococcus senticosus reduces cardiovascular response in healthy subjects: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Stress Health 2002;18:11-17.
18. Halstead BW, Hood LL. Eleutherococcus senticosus /Siberian ginseng: An introduction to the Concept of Adaptogenic Medicine. Long Beach, CA: Oriental Healing Arts Institute; 1984:28.
19. Van Loon IM. The Golden Root: Clinical Applications of Scutekkaria baicalenesis flavonoids as modulators of the inflammatory response. Altern Med Review 1997; 2(6):472- 480.
Every product on this website was formulated with the mindset that my family and I would be using each nutritional supplement.
When you go into a product formulation knowing that your own family and children will use these products it ensures there will never be any compromise…
Plus, I want only the best for my online community and private practice clients. And, since people come to me for results after failing many times in the past, I have to know that every one of these products are truly the best of the best and will help people on their healing journey…
Functional Medicine Formulations
It’s important to understand that not all nutritional supplements are created equal.
For example, in a Functional Medicine practice only methylated or highly bio-available vitamins and minerals will be used in order to make it easy for the body to utilize.
Not only do these formula get better results, but they do not build up as toxins in the body or simply get excreted in the urine like most cheaper forms…
Zero Compromise Policy
I made a promise to myself when I first started formulating the Equilibrium Nutrition line that I would not compromise on quality…
Even if a product cost me a few more dollars, I would take any shortcuts in order to make a product for less.
This has enabled Equilibrium to set itself apart even in the Functional Medicine community as a leader in the best ingredients used.
Besides never compromising on using the highest quality ingredients available when formulating our nutritional supplements, I make sure that each batch is 3rd Party tested for contaminants like:
- Heavy metals
- Standard dosages
This then allows me to be confident when consuming these products myself and knowing that the dosages are what is stated on the bottle.
Again, this leads to better user results and happier customers and wellness clients!
Consistency & Freshness
Another way in which the Equilibrium Nutrition supplement line sets itself apart as the leader in the industry is by always producing fresh orders every couple of months.
Our products do not sit in warehouses for over a year…
Instead we maintain freshness with smaller continuous batch orders along with climate controlled fulfillment centers.
This guarantees purity, freshness, and taste.
This is a difference you can both see and taste with every bottle!