Equilibrium Nutrition’s Estrogen Balance is the answer you’ve been looking for when it comes to helping your body rebalance from estrogen dominance!
By combining 3 clinically proven Functional Medicine nutrients this Estrogen Balance supplement gives you everything you need to naturally block high levels of estrogen conversion.
Do You Suffer From
- Low mood & Irritability
- Decreased libido
Estrogen Balance Benefits
- Supports Estrogen Balance
- Supports Proper Estrogen Metabolism for Women and Men
- Improves Estrogen Detoxification Pathways
- Provides Cellular Antioxidant Support for DNA Stability
Estrogen Balance is a targeted supplement that combines the synergistic benefits of the cruciferous vegetable metabolites Indole-3-carbinol (I3C) and diindolylmethane (DIM) to support proper estrogen metabolism.
Formulating I3C and DIM together creates the ideal combination of beneficial metabolites that work together to support estrogen balance, breast and prostate health.
Estrogen collectively refers to the female hormones estradiol, estrone and estriol. Hormones have important functions in every area of the body. They are chemical messengers that interact with cells all over the body (especially tissues that are more sensitive to them, including breast and prostate tissues.).
The most important message they deliver is to grow, divide, and multiply. For this reason, hormones are critically important in human development and tissue repair. Supporting proper estrogen synthesis, metabolism and detoxification is essential for proper hormonal balance.
Depending on how estrogen is metabolized it can result in different metabolites, each with individual biological activity. By keeping hormones in balance and ensuring the body is able to process hormones properly, cruciferous vegetable metabolites (such as I3C and DIM) work together to reduce hormone overload and maintain cellular health.
Current data on I3C and DIM, suggests that these phytonutrients have strong potential for supporting breast, cervical, uterine and prostate health.1-4 I3C is a naturally occurring compound derived from cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, brussel sprouts and cabbage.
Together, I3C and DIM promote the creation of the more favorable and protective 2-hydroxyestrone (2-OHE) metabolite versus production of 4-hydroxyestrone (4-OHE) and 16-alpha-hydroxyestrone (16-alphaOHE), metabolites which can overstimulate cells and create free radicals that cause DNA damage.5
The influence of I3C and DIM on estrogen metabolism creates a more desirable ratio of 2-OHE to 16-alpha-OHE. This assessment of 2:16 alphaOHE ratio has been used to evaluate breast health. With this in mind, Estrogen Balance includes targeted doses of both I3C and DIM in one capsule a day dosing to make daily balancing of hormones easy and convenient.
The Health Benefits of Cruciferous Vegetable Metabolites†
Many of the health benefits derived from eating cruciferous vegetables (cabbage, brussels sprouts, broccoli, etc.), especially those shown to be beneficial for breast and prostate health, are thought to be derived from the group of secondary metabolites known as glucosinolates.
When these vegetables are cut, crushed or chewed, the actions of the enzyme myrosinase (released from the cells) hydrolyses these glucosinolates into other compounds. For instance, glucosinolates from broccoli and brussel sprouts readily convert into I3C when consumed.
I3C can then be further converted via stomach acid into other health promoting compounds, including DIM. These compounds have generally been thought to be responsible for the various cellular activities that lead to hormone health.
Indole-3-carbinol (I3C) is a naturally occurring compound found in numerous cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower, kale and cabbage.
Following ingestion of I3C, the body converts it to several different metabolites, one of which is diindolylmethane (DIM). Both of these compounds, as well as many other I3C metabolites, have been shown to impact metabolic shifts and cellular activities for improved health outcomes.
I3C has also been shown to temper estrogen signals by competing for binding sites and inhibiting the activity of estrogen receptors.6-15 A study published in the Journal of Nutrition unveiled evidence that I3C supports healthy cellular function related to estrogen metabolism.16
Diindolylmethane (DIM) is a phytonutrient and plant indole also found in cruciferous vegetables with potential for enhancing proliferation of healthy cells and cellular activities. As a dimer (formed chemical structure of two substances) of indole-3-carbinol, diindolylmethane (DIM) promotes beneficial estrogen metabolism in both sexes supporting the formation of healthy estrogen metabolites and enhancing the potential for greater antioxidant activity.17-19
By adding Vitamin E you are also getting the antioxidant power of this super nutrient.
If you suffer from the effects of low mood, irritability, bloating, water retention, or acne (especially around your menstrual cycle) then Estrogen Balance is the Functional Medicine supplement you’ve been looking for!
1 capsule per day or as recommended by your health care professional.
Does Not Contain
Wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, animal or dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, artificial colors, artificial sweeteners or preservatives.
Do not consume this product if you are pregnant or nursing.
Scientific Research & References
1. Yuan F et al. Anti-estrogenic activities of indole-3- carbinol in cervical cells: implication for prevention of cervical cancer. Anticancer Res. 1999 May Jun;19(3A):1673-80.
2. Frydoonfar HR, McGrath DR, Spigelman AD. The effect of indole-3-carbinol and sulforaphane on a prostate cancer cell line. ANZ J Surg. 2003 Mar;73(3):154-6.
3. Chinni SR, Li Y, Upadhyay S, Koppolu PK, Sarkar FH. Indole3-carbinol (I3C) induced cell growth inhibition, G1 cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in prostate cancer cells. Oncogene. 2001 24;20(23) :29236.
4. Zhang J et al. Indole-3-carbinol induces a G1 cell cycle arrest and inhibits prostate-specific antigen production in human LNCaP prostate carcinoma cells. Cancer. 2003 Dec.
Miller, K. Estrogen and DNA Damage: The Silent Source of Breast Cancer? J Natl Cancer Inst 2003 Volume 95, Issue 2Pp. 100-102. 6. Auborn KJ, Fan S et al. Indole-3-carbinol is a negative regulator of estrogen. J Nutr. 2003 Jul;133(7 Suppl):2470S2475S.
7. McAlindon TE et al. Indole-3-carbinol in women with SLE: effect on estrogen metabolism and disease activity. Lupus. 2001;10(11):779-83.
8. Meng Q et al. Indole-3-carbinol is a negative regulator of estrogen receptor-alpha signaling in human tumor cells. J Nutr. 2000 Dec;130(12):2927-31.
9. Meng Q, Qi M et al. Suppression of breast cancer invasion and migration by indole-3-carbinol: associated with up-regulation of BRCA1 and E-cadherin/catenin complexes. J Mol Med. 2000;78(3):155-65.
10. Lee IJ, Han F, Baek J, Hisatsune A, Kim KC. Inhibition of MUC1 expression by indole-3-carbinol. Int J Cancer. 2004 May 10;109(6):810-6.
11. Brandi G et al. A new indole-3-carbinol tetrameric derivative inhibits cyclin-dependent kinase 6 expression, and induces G1 cell cycle arrest in both estrogendependent and estrogen-independent breast cancer cell lines. Cancer Res. 2003 Jul 15;63(14):4028-36.
12. Wong GY, Bradlow L et al. Dose-ranging study of indole-3-carbinol for breast cancer prevention. J Cell Biochem Suppl. 1997;28-29:111-6.
13. Bradlow HL, Michnovicz JJ et al. Long-term responses of women to indole-3-carbinol or a high fiber diet. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 1994 Oct-Nov;3(7):591-5.
14. Chinni SR, Sarkar FH. Akt inactivation is a key event in indole-3-carbinol-induced apoptosis in PC-3 cells. Clin Cancer Res. 2002 Apr;8(4):1228-36.
15. Leibelt DA et al. Evaluation of chronic dietary exposure to indole-3-carbinol and absorption-enhanced 3,3’-diindolylmethane in sprague-dawley rats. Toxicol Sci. 2003 Jul;74(1):10-21. Epub 2003 May 02.
16. Ashok BT Abrogation of estrogen-mediated cellular and biochemical effects by indole-3-carbinol. Nutr Cancer. 2001;41(1-2):180-7.
17. Firestone GL, Bjeldanes LF. Indole-3-carbinol and 3-3’-diindolylmethane antiproliferative signaling pathways control cell-cycle gene transcription in human breast cancer cells by regulating promoter-Sp1 transcription factor interactions. J Nutr. 2003 Jul;133(7 Suppl):2448S2455S. 1;98(11):2511-20.
18. Hong C, Firestone GL, Bjeldanes LF. Bcl-2 familymediated apoptotic effects of 3,3’-diindolylmethane (DIM) in human breast cancer cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2002 Mar 15;63(6):1085-97.
19. Nachshon-Kedmi M, Yannai S, Haj A, Fares FA. Indole3-carbinol and 3,3’-diindolylmethane induce apoptosis in human prostate cancer cells. Food Chem Toxicol. 2003 Jun;41(6):745-52.
Every product on this website was formulated with the mindset that my family and I would be using each nutritional supplement.
When you go into a product formulation knowing that your own family and children will use these products it ensures there will never be any compromise…
Plus, I want only the best for my online community and private practice clients. And, since people come to me for results after failing many times in the past, I have to know that every one of these products are truly the best of the best and will help people on their healing journey…
Functional Medicine Formulations
It’s important to understand that not all nutritional supplements are created equal.
For example, in a Functional Medicine practice only methylated or highly bio-available vitamins and minerals will be used in order to make it easy for the body to utilize.
Not only do these formula get better results, but they do not build up as toxins in the body or simply get excreted in the urine like most cheaper forms…
Zero Compromise Policy
I made a promise to myself when I first started formulating the Equilibrium Nutrition line that I would not compromise on quality…
Even if a product cost me a few more dollars, I would take any shortcuts in order to make a product for less.
This has enabled Equilibrium to set itself apart even in the Functional Medicine community as a leader in the best ingredients used.
Besides never compromising on using the highest quality ingredients available when formulating our nutritional supplements, I make sure that each batch is 3rd Party tested for contaminants like:
- Heavy metals
- Standard dosages
This then allows me to be confident when consuming these products myself and knowing that the dosages are what is stated on the bottle.
Again, this leads to better user results and happier customers and wellness clients!
Consistency & Freshness
Another way in which the Equilibrium Nutrition supplement line sets itself apart as the leader in the industry is by always producing fresh orders every couple of months.
Our products do not sit in warehouses for over a year…
Instead we maintain freshness with smaller continuous batch orders along with climate controlled fulfillment centers.
This guarantees purity, freshness, and taste.
This is a difference you can both see and taste with every bottle!
At Equilibrium Nutrition we strive to provide the fastest and most convenient shipping available!
United States Orders & Shipping
- $99 and over = Free Shipping
- Under $99 = $4.95 Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipping Rates are calculated on order totals after coupons/discounts and before taxes on qualifying items shipped
- Please allow 5 business days for processing and shipping - unless otherwise stated for specific products.
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico may take additional time to receive your shipment
- Coupon Codes or Deals of the Month may not be applied to previously placed orders
International Orders & Shipping
- We’re excited to now ship to the UK, Canada, and Australia
Exact shipping charges are determined at the time of checkout based on the number of items, item type, weight and volume of all the items in the cart. Equilibrium Nutrition works closely with its carriers to provide a competitive shipping experience for our customers.
- Import taxes and tariffs may also apply and would be paid separately based on your country. We cannot control those costs since they are imposed by International countries and we do not receive those payments.
My "Empty Bottle" 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Since I know you’re going to absolutely love and see & feel the difference by using the Equilibrium Nutrition supplement line I’ve formulated for my private practice, my family, and online community I'm happy to offer you my “Empty Bottle Guarantee!”
This means if you don’t see or feel the results you were looking for, or just don’t believe this was the absolute best product in its class that you’ve ever used, simply ship back the empty bottles, within 60 days of your purchase, for 100% of your product purchase price (not including S&H).
My team and I firmly believe in putting our clients and customers first, and we only want the best for you in your wellness, weight loss & anti-aging goals!