DO YOU SUFFER FROM
- Histamines or hives
- Itchy skin or eyes
- Red rashy skin patches
- Sinus congestion
- Supports Immune Balance in Hypersensitive Individuals
- Supports Sinus and Respiratory Health
- Promotes Normal Viscosity of Mucus
- Clears Nasal Passages
HistPro is a targeted blend of flavonoids, antioxidants, proteolytic enzymes and botanicals designed to provide comprehensive support for seasonal challenges caused by common environmental allergens.
HistPro includes quercetin, a powerful flavonoid, to support healthy histamine levels. Bromelain enhances the absorption of quercetin and supports mucosal tissue health. Stinging nettles leaf balance hyper-immune response and N-acetyl cysteine clear the airways by promoting normal viscosity of mucus.
This powerful combination actively promotes healthy nasal and sinus passages for individuals with elevated histamine and respiratory irritation. Also available in convenient blister packs.
TARGETED FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE INGREDIENTS
Quercetin is a biologically active flavonoid antioxidant that is widely distributed in plants including oak trees, onions and tea. Quercetin has strong antioxidant activity and has been shown to support immune health by mediating the release of inflammatory compounds including leukotrienes and prostaglandins. [1,2] Quercetin is known for its ability to stabilize mast cells, diminishing the release of histamine, the compound known to cause hypersensitivity reactions during seasonal changes.
STINGING NETTLES LEAF†
Urtica dioica, commonly known as stinging nettles, is a plant that has been shown to balance immune response, specifically in the airways and nasal passages.
Studies have shown that the extract of stinging nettles leaf balances a variety of inflammatory activities that affect respiratory health. Stinging nettles leaf controls mast-cell degranulation, prostaglandin formation, and histamine action all contributing to a balanced inflammatory response.
Bromelain is a plant enzyme naturally found on the stem and fruit of the pineapple plant. Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme that aids in in the breakdown of large protein complexes, including antigenic compounds, and has been shown to enhance the absorption of quercetin.
Bromelain has been shown to reduce circulating allergenic protein complexes associated with hyper-immune sensitivity and seasonal discomfort.
N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) is an amino acid precursor to one of the most important antioxidants in the body, glutathione.  Both glutathione and NAC help reduce the viscosity of the mucus allowing for clearing of the airways and improved respiratory health. [9,10]
Vitamin C cannot be synthesized by humans and is therefore an essential nutrient that must be consumed in the diet. Among its numerous health-promoting properties, vitamin C is an essential vitamin that supports the immune system and is also a potent antioxidant.
When the body is under a significant amount of stress, both emotional and environmental, vitamin C is excreted rapidly. Vitamin C has many immune boosting properties, but is distinctively beneficial for individuals with seasonal discomfort because of its ability to deactivate histamine. [11,12]
If you are looking for one product that combines the very best natural anti-histamines into one bottle, HistPro is the one!
Loading Dose: 2 capsules three times per day for 7-10 days or as recommended by your health care professional.
Maintenance: 2 or more capsules per day or as recommended by your health care professional.
DOES NOT CONTAIN
Wheat, gluten, soy, animal or dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, artificial colors, artificial sweeteners or preservatives.
If you are pregnant or nursing, consult with your health care practitioner before taking this product.
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH & REFERENCES
1. Della Loggia R, Ragazzi E, Tubaro A, et al. Anti-inflammatory activity of benzopyrones that are inhibitors of cyco- and lipo-oxygenase. Pharmacol Res Commun 1988;20:91-94.
2. Kim HP, Mani I, Iversen L, Ziboh VA. Effects of naturally-occurring flavonoids and bioflavonoids on epidermal cyclooxygenase and lipoxygenase from guinea pigs. Prostagladins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 1998; 58:17-24.
3. Otsuka H, Inaba M, Fujikura T, Kunitomo M. Histochemical and functional characteristics of metachromatic cells in the nasal epithelium in allergic rhinitis: studies of nasal scrapings and their dispersed cells. J Allergy Clin Immunol 1995 ;96(4):528-36.
4. Mittman P. Randomized, double-blind study of freeze-dried Urtica dioica in the treatment of allergic rhinitis. Planta Med 1990; 56:44-47.
5. Obertreis, B. et al. Anti-inflammatory effect of Urtica dioica folia extract in comparison to caffeic malic acid. Arzneimittelforschung 1996; 46(1): 52-56.
6. Shoskes DA, Zeitlin SI, Shahed A, Rajfer J. Quercetin in men with category III chronic prostatitis: a preliminary prospective, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Urology 1999; 54(6): 960-3.
7. Cichoke AJ. The Complete Book of Enzyme Therapy. (1999). Garden City Park, NY: Avery Publishing Group.
8. Yim CY, et al. Use of N-acetyl cysteine to increase intracellular glutathione during the induction of antitumor responses by IL-2. J Immul 1994; 152:5796-5805.
9. Ziment, I. Acetyl cysteine: a drug that is much more than a mucokinetic. Biomed Pharmacother 1988; 42(8):513-519.
10. Millar, A.B. et.al. Effect of oral N-Acetyl Cysteine on mucus clearing. Br J Dis Chest 1985; 79: 262-266.
11. Bland JS, Costarella L, Levin B, et al. Clinical Nutrition: A Functional Approach. Second Edition. (2004). Gig Harbor, WA: Institute of Functional Medicine.
12. Johnston CS. The antihistamine action of ascorbic acid. Subcell Biochem 1996;25:189-213.
Every product on this website was formulated with the mindset that my family and I would be using each nutritional supplement.
When you go into a product formulation knowing that your own family and children will use these products it ensures there will never be any compromise…
Plus, I want only the best for my online community and private practice clients. And, since people come to me for results after failing many times in the past, I have to know that every one of these products are truly the best of the best and will help people on their healing journey…
Functional Medicine Formulations
It’s important to understand that not all nutritional supplements are created equal.
For example, in a Functional Medicine practice only methylated or highly bio-available vitamins and minerals will be used in order to make it easy for the body to utilize.
Not only do these formula get better results, but they do not build up as toxins in the body or simply get excreted in the urine like most cheaper forms…
Zero Compromise Policy
I made a promise to myself when I first started formulating the Equilibrium Nutrition line that I would not compromise on quality…
Even if a product cost me a few more dollars, I would take any shortcuts in order to make a product for less.
This has enabled Equilibrium to set itself apart even in the Functional Medicine community as a leader in the best ingredients used.
Besides never compromising on using the highest quality ingredients available when formulating our nutritional supplements, I make sure that each batch is 3rd Party tested for contaminants like:
- Heavy metals
- Standard dosages
This then allows me to be confident when consuming these products myself and knowing that the dosages are what is stated on the bottle.
Again, this leads to better user results and happier customers and wellness clients!
Consistency & Freshness
Another way in which the Equilibrium Nutrition supplement line sets itself apart as the leader in the industry is by always producing fresh orders every couple of months.
Our products do not sit in warehouses for over a year…
Instead we maintain freshness with smaller continuous batch orders along with climate controlled fulfillment centers.
This guarantees purity, freshness, and taste.
This is a difference you can both see and taste with every bottle!